Saturday, September 22, 2012

Marriage

Marriage is a common occurrence and a blessed gift from God. For it was God in the garden that gave to Adam, Eve. Everyday people celebrate the sacrament of marriage and live happy lives together.

Marriage is a happy moment in anyone's life, a blessed union of two people that have become one before their families and before God. So why is it that we have been pushing into a world where marriage has become such a secret affair? Weddings are supposed to be happy times when two share their lives with the people that mean the most to them.

People in this day and age are so afraid of what the rest of the world has to say that they will hide the truth for so long and are afraid of the people that they are to share their joy with. What is the point in being happy when you can not share your joy with the world?

One bit of advice from a married person is if you want to be married then you ought to be happy and share that happiness with everyone around you. If a person makes you smile and is the center of your life why would you not share that with people. If a person were to love you why not spread that love with your friends and family.

If you are afraid of what your family might say or you can not bring the one you love around, or better yet if you can not express that you have feelings for a person that you want to marry to the people who have known you all of your life, then do you truly love that person? If God has brought a man or a woman into your life and you know that it is a gift from God and you know that God is blessing you with someone that he meant for you, why hide his good works? If you are meant to be in love and that love comes from God then only his judgement matters in your life.

But at the point where you can not express the works of God and the things that he has done for you, is there a problem. If a relationship is to come to fruition than it must be something that can be shared and something that is true. God intended his people to be happy people. As you would not hide your faith in God, so you should not hide the works of your God. If you have to hide a relationship from those that mean the most to you then at that time you should examine your love and with your partner decide what you want from your life.

The seriousness of your relationship comes from your ability to share with others and willingness to be expressive.

My own two cents are if I am not willing to tell the world that I love my wife, if I were afraid to tell my family that I love my wife, if I were willing to keep all that a secret and I never thought I could share that or wouldn't share it based on my personal selfishness, then at that point I would question whether or not I really loved her as much as I kept telling myself. The only person that keeps you from being happy is you. It is up to you to make sure that you have what you want and what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment