Friday, October 5, 2012

My Ministry

Many people approach me and want to know about my ministry and I am only too glad to share my thoughts on that. I have specific beliefs that I follow in accordance to the words spoken by Christ.

In my own experience I have seen the words of God and Jesus used against people. I have seen individuals who have been kept out of doors of the church because of their past, their creed, or their beliefs. I believe this to be wrong on the part of most organized churches. A person's past is one of the reasons why some people feel that they are not accepted in the church. Looking back at Scripture we see that Jesus did not always surround himself with the cleanest of people.

Past sins in some churches are highly looked down on. Sometimes even to the point of bringing up transgressions that a person had long since committed and asked forgiveness for. Some of these transgressions include people suffering from alcoholism, substance abuse, or past criminal offenses. Some churches or church goers keep a record of the past wrong doings of others and constantly look down on a parishioner for these past deeds. Some people are even denied acceptance to some churches because of their questionable pasts. But I believe that this is not what Christ himself intended. I believe as many do that his teachings were intended for forgiveness of the past and rebuilding who you are.

Mark 2:7 states "Jesus said to them, it is not the healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I come not to call the righteous, but sinners."

The ministry of Christ was a revolutionary one of it's time, instead of putting sinners down in their places and having them feel the burden of their wrong doings, he called for those who have sinned to come to repentance. Christ believed in a method of calling out to those who had made wrong choices and telling them to choose a different path. In another instance, a woman is brought before Jesus being accused of an act of adultery. They seek his approval to stone her and he says "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" (John 8:7). The crowd begins to die down and Jesus inquires to where the accusers are and she replies to the question and said there are none. From there Christ replies, "Then neither do I condemn you, go your way and sin no more." (John 8:11)

From these passages of Scripture we begin to see not a condemning Christ, but rather a Jesus that appeals to the need to wash away sin. So the question must be sought out as to why we as Christians, who model ourselves after Christ practice a completely different doctrine than the man whom we follow?

Many new age Christians feel that they are compelled to remind people of the fact that they are sinners and that they will suffer for their deeds. In the realm of following Christ, however, is wrong. If we are to be like the risen Christ and we are to go into the world and teach his message, we must follow his teachings in the manner in which he did. Christ was a benevolent being who sought change, he gathered the 12, taught them a new doctrine in which God was a God of mercy, which was contrary to the teachings of the Jewish people.

My ministry stems from a very literal examination of exactly what Christ said. My ministry, and my church one of these days, God willing, will follow these words Christ shared about sin and forgiveness. I believe my doors will be open to those who seek to know God, willing to wash away sin and begin a new life in Christ. I believe that any person can seek and receive forgiveness, therefore their past deeds don't matter when they walk into the house of the lord. For who am I to be the judge of a person's wrong doings? There is a person in which judgement is reserved for and that is God. My ministry is open to anyone who seeks to know about God and Jesus, those who want to be baptised, and those looking for a place to feel welcomed.

"For God did not send his son into the world to condemn it, but rather to save it through him" John 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment